This "weapon" would be for cover and support, the idea derives from how there would be levels where cover was either little or none, and players would die constantly. So, it struck my head, why not get our OWN portable cover? The idea just lingered for further time until I could find a good base concept, then I got a game called Lost Planet Two, and used their Shield. Their shield functioned perfectly in most parts, adleast in the campaign, but it would deflect most projectiles, and slow down to player as a personal nerf, also helping other team mates stay behind the shield.
But I find that the shield for Synergy will need some tweeking so it can prove as a better multiplayer asset, and with reasonable aspects to follow. Such as this small description:
- Holding it and standing exposes half the player and reduces speed
- Crouching will block the entire frontal portion of the player, and those behind it
- It can deflect everything, but explosives
- While crouch the holder can not move
- While holding it, the player can not attack in any way (Maybe*)
With those assets, it should solve the problem I had, and help other players within the Synergy mod. Although this may be a tough thing to create from scratch, it should be worth it in the end.
(*Take notice that if they could, the player(s) would simply dash through the level as a one sided turtle punting anything that is close enough.)